The Ada West District Assembly which was inaugurated on Tuesday, 28th June, 2012 at Sege, the Administrative Capital is situated in the Eastern part of the Greater Accra Region. The District shares common boundaries with North Tongu, Ada East and Ningo Prampram District Assemblies. It is also bounded to the South by the Gulf of Guinea. The Ada West District Assembly which used to be part of Dangme East District Assembly was established by the Legislative Instrument (L.I. 2129) on 15th March 2012. Additionally, the area of authority and electoral areas of the District can be found in L.I. 2129.
The Ada West District Assembly exists to co-ordinate mobilization of resources and execution of programmes and projects that are relevant to the socioeconomic development of the people within the Assembly’s jurisdiction on the premise of Good Governance.
The Ada West District Assembly shall be seen as a hardworking Administrative Institution in the view of providing services geared at improving the life of the people
ACHIEVING THE VISION&MISSION
The Ada West District Assembly has set itself the following main objectives to help it achieve its vision/mission:
- To identify and engage requisite manpower to enhance performance.
- To train staff to acquire the necessary skills to enhance performance.
- To institute incentive scheme to motivate staff for efficient and effective output.
- To design appropriate system of mobilizing revenue to enhance financial position of Ada West District Assembly.
- To improve the logistic/ equipment base to enhance service delivery.
- To improve the environmental / sanitation practices of the people in the District.
- To increase accessibility to quality education.
- To create an enabling environment for economic activities to flourish in order to improve the standard of living of the people.